Friday, August 10, 2012

When Breaks The Dawn?

 A cry sounds forth in the black of night,
 When breaks the dawn?
 A voice filled with hopeless fright,
 When breaks the dawn?

 Will, on the morrow, peace I find,
 When breaks the dawn?
 A glimpse of paradise in my mind,
 When breaks the dawn?

 Will a beating heart my only comfort be,
 When breaks the dawn?
 Or will loving arms be waiting to embrace me,
 When breaks the dawn?

 This night, it seems, shall never end.
 When breaks the dawn?
 My heart longs for the warmth of my Friend.
 When breaks the dawn?

 The darkness within has broken my spirit.
 When breaks the down?
 When I weep, does anybody hear it?
 When breaks the dawn?

 Because of my tears have my eyes grown red.
 When breaks the dawn?
 It seems in hell have I made my bed.
 When breaks the dawn?

 Will hope in the morning's glory bloom,
 When breaks the dawn?
 Or is the future more of the present's doom?
 When breaks the dawn?

 I have set my face forward like a flint.
 When breaks the dawn?
 I will not surrender 'til my life is spent.
 When breaks the dawn?

 Oh Father, Son, and Holy Ghost,
 When breaks the dawn?
 Shall I ever join the triumphant host?
 When breaks the dawn?

 Let Your glory fall on my wearied face,
 When breaks the dawn.
 I will rest in your presence when I have finished my race,
 When breaks the dawn.

 Hope and joy have departed from me now.
 When breaks the dawn?
 But in the morn Heaven's trump shall resound,
 When breaks that glorious dawn.












No comments:

Post a Comment